- According to the article " The White Rose" by Robert K. Elder in Up Front p,18 is about tow of the group's members of the White Rose in Munich. The Nazis ( short fro National Socialists ) promised to stop reparation payments, give all Germans food and jobs. In 1930, Hitler's party won 18 percent of the vote parliament. In 1933, Hitler destroyed the Reichstag, the parliament building in Berlin. Hitler annexed Austria and Czechoslovakia in 1938-1939. Nazi, formalized as a final solution, a plan to murder all Europe's 10.5 millions Jews and millions of others. In 1943, the group's of curtain of secrecy was torn open by a spontaneous act. After distributing leaflets in a building at the university of Munich. When students were about to change their classes, Sophie flung remaining copies in the air from the second floor of the atrium. Four days later, the scholls and fellow White Rose member Christoph Probst were found guilty of treason and sentenced to death.
In my opinion, the article is explaining such an important history that everyone should know about it because it explains what happened in the past time. Also, it shows how Hitler known as inhuman and ugly person in the human life because of the millions of people he killed.
I learned a very good history and that France was occupied within the occupied countries by Hitler that I did not know about before. I also, learned how we are in living in pace countries. I also, learned very helpful vocabularies.
- some of the vocabularies I looked up :
- resonate
- fumbling
- defy
- forced
- annexed
- invasion
- communists
- defy
Nice summary and choice of article.
ReplyDeleteI agree with your opinion about Hitler. Because Hitler underestimated the value of other people's lives, he should never be defended or even respected.
Not very many people stood up to Hitler's regime like the students in "The White Rose." They did an amazing thing. I am surprised that I had not heard about them until reading this article.
ReplyDelete